Reopening Info and Procedures
The UVM Bookstore’s Davis Center store is now open!
In accordance with local, state, and University policies, the Bookstore has implemented a number of extra precautions to promote your safety while in the store:
- Total occupancy has been reduced to no more than 50% of normal capacity. Presently, that maximum capacity is set at 134 people, including Bookstore staff. At certain busy times during the start of the semester we will use a lower occupancy limit to ensure the safety of our customers and staff.
- Face coverings are required to be worn by all customers and customers are being encouraged to use the provided hand sanitizer before entering the store.
- Face coverings are required to be worn by all staff while at work and staff must complete wellness checks before beginning their shifts.
- Staff have all completed the mandatory VOSHA: Protecting Community Health and Safety training and have received instruction on proper use of face coverings, gloves, and other safety practices.
- Plexiglas protection barriers have been installed at all checkout and service counters to separate customers and cashiers.
- While we will still accept cash, contactless transactions are being encouraged, including the increased use of mobile wallet payments and e-receipts.
- We’ve implemented scheduled cleaning and sanitizing protocols for the store, paying attention to high-touch areas such as checkout counters and pin pads.
- An auto-dispensing hand sanitizer station is positioned at the entrance of the store for customer use and smaller dispensers are at each checkout station.
- Social distancing markers have been placed throughout the store to illustrate how to maintain a safe distance while shopping.
- The dressing room has been temporarily closed and enhanced procedures are in place to hold and sterilize apparel that has been tried on or returned to us.
- As of Monday, August 17th, the Davis Center will be open to the public and we will resume using our normal entrance. As you enter, please use the provided hand sanitizer and follow the marked one way path into the store. Staff members will verify you are wearing a face covering before allowing you in.
- The 2nd Floor textbook annex is also closed to the public. If you need to purchase course materials or medical books or supplies, you will be encouraged to place your order through our website. If you need the books immediately, please ask for assistance at the Customer Service Counter or Department Charges Counter and a staff member will get the needed items.
- There may be a line either inside or outside of the store, and you will need to stand 6 feet apart while waiting to enter or to pay. Social distancing markers have been placed throughout the store to illustrate how to maintain a safe distance.
- Your compliance with all posted signs and staff instructions is required and greatly appreciated.
While many of our operating procedures may have changed, the Bookstore staff remains the same and our commitment to providing you with excellent customer service is unwavering. Thank you for being a loyal Bookstore customer! We look forward to welcoming you back in store soon.Textbook Rental Returns
The deadline for spring textbook rentals has been extended to September 4th 2020. Please bring all outstanding spring rental textbooks to the Bookstore by that date to avoid charges.
The deadline for fall textbook rentals will be January 22nd 2021.